Facilities / Classes
- Membership Options
- Beaumonts Health Club
- Fitness Classes
- Indoor Sports
- Outdoor Sports
- Les Mills BORN TO MOVE
- Beaumonts Cafe
- 50+ Activities
- Childrens Activities
- Health Suite & Treatments
- Clubs & Organisations
Swimming isn't only a great form of general exercise, it can also be soothing, relaxing and best of all great fun! It's an excellent way to tone up and trim down.
Just swimming a few lengths can involve most of the major muscle groups, giving your body a great workout. The other big advantage of swimming is that water supports your weight and takes the stress off your joints, so you can put your body through a good work out without your knees, hips or spine paying the price.
Whether you are looking for wet and wild splash sessions, a venue for a kids pool party, a relaxing swim or an invigorating work out – we have the pools for you!
We have a Zoggs swimwear pop up shop on the groundfloor, you will find a variety of swimwear, googles and swim aids for sale.
Free Swimming Assessments at Bushey Grove
Come and join us for a free assessment, we will assess your swimming ability by an Amateur Swimming Association Level 2 qualified teacher.
We will then ensure that you start your swimming lessons at Bushey Grove at the correct level.
BOOK YOUR FREE ASSESSMENT DATE TODAY!
New Gold Swimming Challenge
NEW Gold Swimming Challenge is here!
Saturday at 17.00 - 17.30pm in the main pool.
Gold Swimming Challenge Criteria, all swimmers will be able to do the following once the challenge has been completed.
1. Plunge dive into water of at least full reach depth and swim 100 meter's in 2 minutes 30 seconds or less. Using two different strokes, 50 metres of each.
2. Tread water for 3 minutes with one hand remaining above the head throughout. The arm raised may be changed no more than five times.
3. Scull head first on the back for 10 meter's, move into a tucked position and turn through 360 degres keeping the head above water. Return to the starting point by sculling feet first with the feet at or near the surface throughout and the hands close to the hips.
4. Swim 10 meter's, perform a forward somersault without touching the pool bottom and continue to swim in the same direction for a further 10 meter's.
5. Swim 800 meter's using three of the following strokes: front crawl, backstroke, breaststroke,butterfly, English backstroke or sidestroke for a minimum distance of 200 meters per stroke. A change of stroke may only occur every 100 meter's. This swim to be completed in 25 minutes.
6. Climb out at the deep end without assistance.
Did you know?
You can purchase your child's swimming certificate and badge from us after each completed stage. Only £3.50 for a certificate and badge, purchases can be made from our reception. You can track your child's swimming progress via our online Home Portal, pickup a leaflet today from our reception team.
Aqua Aerobics at 12.30 - 13.15pm on Thursday's in the Teaching pool (starts from the 1st February).
Deep Water Aqua Aerobics at 19.45 - 20.30pm on Thursday's in the Teaching pool (starts from the 1st February).
Bookings now open and spaces available, to find out more enquire online or give us a call on 01923 470140.
Swimming Customer notices
Coming soon: NEW parent and babe session. Please register your interest by calling our Swimming Coordinator Lynsey on 01923 470146.
Motivate4 Swim School
Want to know more about swimming lessons? Click here
Click below to access the Home Portal to track the progress of your childs lessons.
Motivate4 Swim Style
Swimming twice a week? We could save you money with a Swim Style membership. Click here
Get a Swimstyle membership for as little as £22 a month, unlimited Public Swimming and FREE use of our Health Suite (over 16 Years only).
Inflatable Fun Session
Sessions take place every Sunday in the main pool 2.00 - 3.45pm. Check our pool admissions policy for details shown on the pool programme below.
You will notice on our pool timetable, we offer Therapy Swimming 3 times a week. These accessible swim sessions are for those who may be recovering from an injury, suffer from arthritis or perhaps those who need access to the pool hoist. The pool temperature is slightly warmer than the main pool and you will also have access to swim aids and floats. Sessions take place on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays from 8:00 - 9:00am in our teaching pool. The pool depth is from 1.1m to 1.4m. Price per session just £1.40.
Free Swim Scheme
Hertsmere Leisure are delighted to continue the Free Swim Scheme that Hertsmere Borough Council originally set up. Free swimming is offered to Hertsmere residents at Furzefield, The Venue and Bushey Grove Leisure Centre.
Free swimming is available to everyone who lives within the borough of Hertsmere, age 3-16 years and age 60 years plus. (proof of address and age is required).
Session times at Bushey Grove are as follows:
Please note weekday mornings until 8am is Adults Only.
Free swimming is subject to availability and may be restricted due to programme requirements or special events. You must show your membership card each time you visit, without it you will have to pay. Please download the APPLICATION FORM 2018 and bring it with you with proof of age and address.