A Guide to Bookings and Cancellations
1. Bookings can be made by phone or in person at the relevant
2. Bookings may be made during reception opening hours. Please check with individual
3. Bookings for 7 days in advance can only be made by phone or in person from 10.00am. Only ONE 7 day advance booking will be taken at this time.
4. After 12 noon, a Member may book more than one activity per phone call for 7 days in advance, and may book for other Members on the same phone call.
5. A Member may book as many different activities as they wish per day, however they may not book two activities of the same type consecutively i.e. a badminton court at 7.00pm and 8.00pm, or a fitness session at 7.30pm and 8.30pm. Should a space be available at the time of finishing the first session, a subsequent booking may be made at reception.
6. All persons booking an instructed class should ensure that they arrive in good time for the class, as the warm up is crucial to the participation in the full class. Entry to those arriving 5 minutes after a fitness class has commenced will be refused and no refunds will be given.
7. We recommend that Members book in advance as the membership cannot guarantee availability of an activity or facility operated by Hertsmere Leisure during busier periods.
8. A Member may not book an activity on their membership card for somebody else, as memberships are none transferable.
BOOKINGS BY NON MEMBERS
Non Members must pay in full at the time of booking. Bookings can be made a maximum of 48 hours in advance (the only exception to this is a fitness studio induction or a health MOT, where bookings may be paid for up to 7 days in advance).
A Member may pay by credit card over the telephone during less busy periods. However, no refund will be given to a Non Member for a pre-paid booking.
HOW TO CANCEL A BOOKING
1. If you find you cannot attend your booking, please phone the
2. A representative of a Member may cancel a booking on behalf of a Member.
3. If you cannot give 48 hours notice, then please still inform the
4. If less than 48 hours notice is given, and we fail to re-let the booking, or you fail to inform us of your non arrival, a charge will be made corresponding to the cost of the activity. This payment should be made within 14 days.
5. Should the payment not be made within 14 days, then Hertsmere Leisure reserves the right to send an invoice to the customer, which may include an administration fee.
6. Should you have 2 or more outstanding bookings, or an outstanding balance remains unpaid for 28 days, Hertsmere Leisure reserves the right to suspend booking privileges until payment is made in full. We shall contact you should this situation arise.
7. Members should note that any outstanding payments will prevent any further online bookings until paument is made.
Please note that there is an administration charge for lost cards. Our reception staff can only help you avoid these charges if you help them, by letting them know of any cancellations.
PLEASE HELP US TO HELP YOU