History of Rickmansworth Golf Course
Originally the Ladies Course of the infamous Moor Park Estate "Tricky Ricky", as she is known to the locals, was initially designed by architect, Harry Shapland Colt who was responsible for the design and remodelling of over 300 courses world wide - Augusta National being the most famous.
In 1937 Rickmansworth Urban District Council purchased the site from Moor Park Golf Club and opened it up to the general public. In 2000, with the aid of a Lottery Sports Award, Three Rivers District Council redeveloped the course, adding length, altering the terrain and developing the greens, turning the golf course into a tricky 18 hole Par 65 course measuring 4656 yards, which tests golfers from the first tee to the last green.
Further developments such as a landscaped short game practice area soon followed, which now allows us to offer an extensive range of lessons covering all aspects of the game especially pitching, chipping and putting. The popular Par 3 course, known as "Little Ricky", has also received a makeover and has now been made more challenging.
2009, saw the development of a new irrigation system to ensure the existing high standard of greens and tees are maintained for the future.