Cleaner / Caretaker
Location: The BECC, Borehamwood
Closing date: 27th Oct, 2018
Salary: Up to £7.83 per hour (Depending on age and experience)
Hours: The BECC, Borehamwood
Cleaner / Caretaker
Location: The BECC Family Centre Borehamwood
Hours: 10 hours per week (Monday – Friday 6pm – 8pm) – Cleaning
4 hours on 3 Saturdays a month (Saturdays 9.15am – 1.30pm) - Caretaking
Salary: Up to £7.83 (dependant on age and experience)
(MATERNITY COVER to start 22nd October 2018)
Please note we will consider separate applications for just the cleaning or just the caretaking position but ideally they will be combined.
Cleaning: What Will I Do?
This post requires the person to work as part of a team to ensure the centre is cleaned to the highest standard, working in the Nursery and Crèche areas. Details listed below:
- The toilet area to include: Toilet, Hand Basins, mop flooring and clean mirrors
- To vacuum all areas within the nursery and crèche that are carpeted
- To mop all appropriate flooring
- To wipe down all kitchen areas
- To dust or wipe down all window ledges, skirting boards and radiators
- To use the floor machine to scrub all hard floor areas in the nursery
Caretaking: What Will I Do?
This post requires the person to be on site to act as the caretaker for private bookings at the Centre. Details listed below:
- Opening up the building for private functions/alarm off
- Help with setting up the rooms
- Stay on site for duration of the function and carry out simple cleaning jobs
- Put any furniture/set up away
- Lock up the building/alarm on
What Do I Need To Apply?
- The ability to be flexible, given the nature of the job
- To be able to cover occasional holiday shifts for other cleaners at the BECC
- To be able to carry out duties to ensure the Centre is presented to a high level
- Understand and follow good working practices and implement any new work priorities to provide a first class service.
Working for Hertsmere Leisure your staff benefits will include:
- A free leisure card, entitling you and your close family to free or reduced use of facilities at our Centres
- Free cinema tickets and discounted shows at Wyllyotts Theatre
- Discounted access to play schemes, crèche facilities and nursery places
- Pension Scheme
Applications will be considered immediately, interviews will be offered when suitable applications are received.
For an informal chat about this post please contact: Shimona Franklin on 020 8386 4038.
If you are unable to follow the preferred recruitment process as below, please call Alice Webb on 01727 744250 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.